Manager Registration System
（Equities and Bonds）
GPIF has introduced "Asset Manager Registration System for Equities and Bonds" to collect information on various investment strategies, introduce more flexibility into manager selection and access new investment ideas and expertise.
We changed our Qualification of Asset Managers for Application for "Asset Manager Registration System" on Dec 2023.
Please refer to item Ⅱ．Qualification of Asset Managers for Application below.
Ⅰ. Asset Class/ Investment style.
Ⅱ. Qualification of Asset Managers for Application.
(1) Asset Managers which have registration of Investment Management Business under "Financial Instrument and Exchange Act (Act No. 25 of 1948)" and which could conduct Investment Management Business.
If investment decision is effectively made by other organization, that subcontracting institution should obtain permission from supervisory authority of the country where their investment teams are located, or that subcontracting institution should do registration/ notification based on the laws and regulations of the country.
(2) The company group (*1) that an Asset Manager belongs to must have sufficient experiences in managing clients' assets.
The company group (*2) which subcontracting institution belongs to needs to meet the same qualification.
(*1) The company group includes an applying Asset Manager consisting of a parent company that submits consolidated balance sheets based on the Principle of Consolidated Balance Sheet, subsidiaries, and group companies.
(*2) The company group includes an applying subcontracting institution consisting of a parent company that submits consolidated balance sheets based on Account Standards of the country where investment teams are located, subsidiaries, and group companies.
(3) If investment decision is effectively made by other organization, the investment decision should be made in that subcontracting institution.(Subcontract from subcontracting institution to other organization is not permitted.)
(4) None of companies in the company group is involved in significantly inappropriate behavior regarding investment management business in the past 3 years. If investment decision is made by other organizations/ subcontracting institution, the same rule is applied to the company group of subcontracting institution as well.
Ⅲ.Evaluation Standard for selection
Please refer to GPIF's Operation Policy
V.Selection and Evaluation of External Asset Managers
4.Comprehensive Evaluation Methods
- In our selection process, we may request the submission of materials to confirm the monthly quantitative data (fund return and its factor analysis data, portfolio characteristics, etc.) and qualitative data (financial data, internal control system, administrative processing system, etc.) of the funds.
- In addition to the above, we may also request the submission of quantitative data (fund return, position data for individual stocks, etc.) on a daily basis for the funds in order to improve a precision of our quantitative analysis.
Ⅳ. The Application Method (Entry)
Application (Entry) is available at any time.
(1) Application for Entry (Asset Managers Meeting GPIF's Qualifications)
To apply for entry, please download the "Manager Entry Application Form (Meeting Qualifications)" shown below, fill in the required information, and send to the e-mail address below with the title "Application_[company name]".
The application process is complete when GPIF sends a "registration completed" notification to the asset manager's contact e-mail address.
Asset managers may still apply even if they do not fulfill GPIF's qualifications.
(2) Application for Registration (Asset Managers Not Meeting GPIF's Qualifications)
To apply for registration, please download the "Registration Application Form (Not Meeting Qualifications)," fill in the required information, and send to the e-mail address below with the title "[Company name]"
The asset manager can apply for Entry upon meeting GPIF's qualifications.
Ⅴ. Update and Cancelation of Registered Information
Please report any amendments to the form provided to the registration e-mail address. The registered e-mail address must be updated if the contact person changes, and thus we ask that applicants consider using the contact's department group address. In addition, we may send an e-mail confirming your intention to continue the entry to the registered e-mail address. Please reply if/when you receive it. GPIF may cancel registration if we do not receive a reply.
Ⅵ. After entry
GPIF may ask registered asset managers to provide additional information and meeting opportunities.
However, the starting time of manager selection process is not determined at the moment and wouldn't be publicly announced.