Call for Applications of Asset Managers for Japanese Bonds
- Asset Class/ Investment Style and Benchmark
（1）Asset Class/ Investment Style
Active Investment and Passive Investment of Japanese Bonds
- NOMURA - BPI plus Inflation - Linked (The new customized index combined between "NOMURA - BPI (excluding ABS)" and "NOMURA - JTIPS")
- NOMURA-BPI (excluding ABS)
- Any other benchmark in accordance with investment products proposals
The benchmark for passive investment will be assigned by GPIF.
- Application Process
Please visit here for details of the registration.
In case of applying for passive investment, please provide the track record of NOMURA-BPI (excluding ABS) or other Japanese Bond benchmark.
- Offering period
GPIF does not have a deadline for offering, so please apply at any time. We will review your application as needed.
① Investable bonds are stated in the Operation Policy. In addition, the GPIF's investment guideline excludes the following from the investable instruments.
List of non-investable instruments
- JPY-hedged foreign bonds
- Derivatives (excluding bond futures)
- Defaulted securities
- Non-rated securities (except for those with issuer's rating or guarantor's rating)
- ABS (only those that count as "security" in Japanese Financial Instruments and Exchange Act)
- MTNs with the above characteristics
② GPIF requests passive investment managers to add value against benchmark within a certain range of tracking error.